First Steps to Music
The First Steps to Music series, a collaborative effort with the Ministry of Education (Singapore), aims to make pupils’ musical experience positive, enjoyable and meaningful.
It provides a carefully balanced approach to teaching music that takes the focus off music theory, and places emphasis on musical skills, experiential learning and concept development, leading to a holistic understanding of music.
- Colourful illustrations capture pupils’ interest
- Accompanying i-Books and audio CDs help pupils to fully experience the music behind the theory
- Accessible writing style makes this suitable for all pupils, musically trained or not
- In-text features encourage pupils to build on the theory learnt through practice and application
- Pupils engage in creative activities that develop their ability to make sounds and perform music
|Primary | Year 1,2,3,4,5,6|
|Textbooks & Recorder Book.|
|Printed Resources Teacher’s Guides (Textbook) Resource CDs Resource CDs, Teacher’s Guides (Textbook), Schemes of work, i-Books, Audio CDs.|